COVID-19 and College Recruiting
During this time of uncertainty and change with the COVID-19 outbreak, we want to provide as much information as we can to coaches, athletes, and families.
As the intercollegiate governing bodies such as the NCAA, NAIA, and various junior college athletic associations update their rules, college coaches have told us that recruiting will continue mostly online via phone calls, texts, emails, and social media.
WHAT WE KNOW TODAY
- The recruiting calendar has undergone multiple changes since the pandemic began. To find the most accurate dates, check the NCAA website and social media accounts.
- While some recruiting rules are changing for the time being to limit in-person interactions and keep people safe, recruiting will still continue online/digitally. As some of the recruiting calendars may change, we recommend staying up-to-date with the latest information from the governing bodies.
- To continue their recruiting efforts, college coaches are focusing on communicating with athletes, coaches, and families over the phone and online, and watching as much highlight film as they can find.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AT THIS TIME
Keeping your FieldLevel profile up-to-date is very important. Be sure that your profile is updated with the following information:
- Video (Games, practices, weightlifting, training, etc.)
- Academic Info (GPA, SAT, ACT, Transcripts)
- Coach Evaluations (Head coach, assistant coaches, trainers, etc.)
- Target Schools (To help your coaches know where you’re interested)
Lastly, college coaches have told us they will be trying to get in touch with athletes, coaches, and family members as much as possible at this time. Respond to college coaches as quickly as you can and communicate with your coaches frequently so everyone is on the same page.
Here are some helpful links to the websites for the Center for Disease Control, the intercollegiate governing bodies, various social media accounts, blog posts, etc:
Center for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
CDC info on businesses, schools, and communities
CDC info on traveling
Intercollegiate Governing Bodies
NCAA – http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/coronavirus-covid-19
NJCAA – https://www.njcaa.org/COVID19
CCCAA – https://www.cccaasports.org/landing/index
NAIA – https://www.naia.org/membership/covid-19
NWAC – https://nwacsports.com/landing/index
Social Media Accounts
NCAA – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
NAIA – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
NJCAA – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
CCCAA – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
NWAC – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
If you have any questions about video or the recruiting process, the FieldLevel team is here to help you and support you. If there’s anything we can do, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Demo: Schedule a Time
- Everything you need to know about National Girls & Women in Sports Day
- 3 keys to success and helpful tips for after you’ve committed
- FieldLevel partners with Women’s Sports Foundation on launch of We Play Interactive
- Breaking down Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL)
- Q&A with Alex Bowen, Stephanie Haralabidis, and Melissa Seidemann from Team USA Olympic Water Polo
Leave a Reply