Featured Athlete: Ty Cook
Ty Cook is from Highlands, Texas and plays 1st base, pitcher, and center field for Mizuno Baseball Club and Goose Creek Memorial High School. Through hard work and the support of the people around him, he recently committed to play baseball at Our Lady of Lake University in San Antonio, Texas.
When did you first start playing sports?
I first started playing sports when I was 4 years old.
What would your coaches say is your best quality?
My coaches would say my best quality is my baseball knowledge.
Who are your inspirations/heroes?
My hero/inspiration is the man above.
What is your proudest sports moment?
I would say going 3-3 in a game at Minute Maid Park against a Texas A&M commit.
What are your game day superstitions/routines?
I wear my lucky socks.
What was the most challenging part of the recruiting process?
The most challenging part was getting exposure in front of colleges coaches and recruiters.
How did FieldLevel help you?
FieldLevel allowed me to post videos of highlights so coaches could evaluate me better.
If you could give one piece of advice to high school athletes going through the recruiting process, what would it be?
I would say to always try hard and do well in school.
If you have any questions, the FieldLevel team is here to help you and support you. If there’s anything we can do, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Demo: Schedule a Time
- Everything you need to know about National Girls & Women in Sports Day
- 3 keys to success and helpful tips for after you’ve committed
- FieldLevel partners with Women’s Sports Foundation on launch of We Play Interactive
- Breaking down Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL)
- Q&A with Alex Bowen, Stephanie Haralabidis, and Melissa Seidemann from Team USA Olympic Water Polo